.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Thursday, October 13, 2005

What a complete kiss up!

If you have a strong stomach, the smoking gun has an archive of correspondence between Miers and Bush! It's quite incredible! Holy cow, what a suck-up!

This is from a Sorry I Forgot Your Birthday Card (with a sad puppy)



You are the best governor ever -- deserving of great respect! As you might guess, exclamation points bother me!

Here's a pretty standard and polite thank you letter,

but note what's handwritten: "You and Laura are the greatest!"

That this works doesn't make me think less of Miers. It makes me think less of Bush.

(Whoops. I mean, this makes me think less of Bush!)

Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

I read a number of these on Smoking Gun. She gushes throughout, and almost appears to have a schoolgirl crush on dear George. Not what I would think of as a dignified SCOTUS nominee.

But I've already become fairly jaded toward this woman, and may not be viewing the correspondence objectively. Perhaps a supporter of Ms Miers could render an opinion.

8:02 PM, October 14, 2005  

Post a Comment