.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Hours or Days, It's a Matter of Time


Peggy Noonan is so smart. Though, for all I know, at that level, she may have people to be smart for her. Poised over my keyboard was I, ready to pound out “It’s time for W to take his losses,” or some variation, when I decided to check in with Ms Noonan.

To sum, we agree the President is taking on a shade of buffoonery in his dogged support of a nominee whose qualifications include, but might not entirely be strictly limited to (we’re not sure), her gender and religion.

The sticky issue now is, how do W and Ms Miers save face? My favorite tactic is the modified Dan Quayle. I’ll let Ms. Noonan pick it up here, as she says it so much more elegantly, cleverly and under the masthead of the WSJ.

As I’ve been alternately pecking away here, and running to the baby there, I’ve also been checking the Drudge Report, certain that in the few minutes I’ve been away, this scribbling has been rendered obsolete via a Presidential announcement. Surely it’s only a matter of time, let’s hope hours rather than days.