.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Monday, December 25, 2006

Drink Blog


At Thanksgiving, I blogged about my choice of alcoholic beverage. Here's my Christmas Eve libation. It's fantastic. From here

Silky Kiss (makes 2)

1 shot rum
1 shot triple sec
1 shot store bought eggnog

Pour into cocktail shaker with ice (you have a cocktail shaker don't you?), shake, and strain into champagne glasses halfway up. Fill the rest with champagne. Be careful. The champagne mixes with the eggnog to make a foam that easily overflows.

Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Sounds yummy for New Years Eve. Now, let's assume I'm blonde and make the recipe as such. Do I have to drink both myself? I find this double recipe nonsense biased and offensive to the non-paired.

On the other hand, I bet I could just drink both myself . . .

6:56 PM, December 28, 2006  
Blogger festivus said...

Well, you could, or you could take the simpler and perhaps more enjoyable route of inviting over a friend who can share in this marvelous concoction.

If it's soon, you can celebrate the impending (or completed, depending on when it is) neck stretching of the former President of Iraq.

8:02 PM, December 29, 2006  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Great idea. All bloggers, my house, 11 p.m. Pencil, bring the cocktail shaker.

7:41 AM, December 31, 2006  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

P.S. I'll be asleep by 10, so keep the noise down.

8:47 PM, December 31, 2006  
Blogger festivus said...

Were we quiet enough? You didn't come down to join us or to yell that we woke you up, so I'm guessing that either we were or you just had a few too many Silky Kisses before we arrived, I'm sure as just a simple "sleep aid".

By the way, you're out of gin, vokda, vermouth, Jack Daniels and Southern Comfort. And that bottle of 1977 Dow vintage port that you were saving? Uh... sorry about that.

9:35 AM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Harsh Pencil said...

And sorry about the cat. He'll get over it.

11:58 AM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Someone(s) apparently had the major munchies. Hope nothing illegal was going on (besides the cat incident). (Do I look like a cat person?)

6:29 PM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger festivus said...

No one had the munchies until we used those brownies you left on the counter as a palate cleanser between gin tastings. What was in those things? You have any more?

11:09 PM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Ooooh, right, the brownies. I was just holding them for -- uh, they were for the kids -- I mean, the cat.

6:26 AM, January 02, 2007  

Post a Comment