.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Resolved: Bring Back Blue Laws

Debate tonight, Dec 13, at the University Club.

Map and directions here.
Full Whip Sheet available here.
Drinks and banter at 7 p.m.
Debate begins precisely at 7:30.

This is the last debate of the term and the last opportunity to qualify to petition for Membership.

Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Great turnout last night -- forty people? -- and some very fine speeches. Well, except that one speech. It was wonderful to see he-who-has-no-blogger-ID and his Boots back for a debate.

The Chairman is to be congratulated.

4:31 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger festivus said...

"except that one speech". How tactful! I love it! I know it wasn't mine - I didn't speak.

8:09 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger ReTorte said...

You mean I missed the Boots made for Bronz'n???

2:47 AM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

(Between you and me, Festivus, they were all great speeches. But I'm letting everyone wonder if his was the bad speech. And there, I gave it away, it was a guy.)

6:40 AM, December 16, 2006  

Post a Comment