"Happy Feet": Liberal Propaganda?
It starts out fine, and by about 20 minutes into the movie, I think it's going to be one of those "little creature is different than all the other little creatures, is shuned by the group, befriended by one, is banished, goes on an adventure, come back, saves the colony and is elevated into hero status" kind of movies. Generally predictable, a warm if squishy "everyone has value" message.
And I was right. EXCEPT along the way, they manage to:
- Poke fun at mono-theistic religion
- Portray humans as evil
- Pump up the United Nations
- Push the agenda that all fishing (at least around the southern nether regions of our planet) should cease
- Make the "plastic six-pack ring stuck around an animal's head" a major storyline
- Screw up Stevie Wonder's "I Wish", one of his greatest (Penguins should not sign this song)
- AND heavily stereotype some Latin-American speech and culture traits (Puerto Rican, I think - it was darn funny with Robin Williams doing the voiceover, but in our PC culture today, I'm really surprised that this has not created an outcry)
I'm going to have to send my youngest son (4) back into the Family Festivus Re-education Room, as when his mother asked about the movie, he said "it said we should stop eating fish". I've clearly done a better job with my older son, as when asked by me what he thought of the message that we should stop fishing, stated "someone has to be on the top of the food chain - might as well be us. And there's plenty of fish out there".
Fellow conservatives, we are missing the boat by allowing liberals to create the majority of these animated kiddie films.