.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Monday, October 09, 2006

The House

The media coverage over Foley and the Republicans about to lose the house reminds is almost so cliche now, I will be surprised if it happens. The media just assumes that the Foley incident will change everyones vote or keep voters home. There are still 30 days to go. A lot can happen.

It reminds me of moment the vikings traded the future away for Herschel Walker. Everyone was talking Superbowl the moment Herschel ran his first return back for a TD and lost his shoe in the process. Eventually reality set in and Herschel turned out to be a dud.

Nevertheless, I think losing the House for a term may provide the leadership change House Republicans need. Besides, it will be difficult for Democrats to hold on the House when they got there because conservative voters stayed home for one election.

Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

I don't think GOP voters will stay home because of Foley. Some may opt out because the Republicans haven't been behaving very conservatively. I still can't get interested in Pawlenty because of the stadium catastrophe. And am I expected to get excited about voting for Ramstad? There's just no irresistible magnetism from the GOP this year. I will go vote; I always do. But I can see where many may find an excuse not to get there this year.

12:46 PM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger ReTorte said...

At least in our district we have the irresistible geeky magnetism of a distinguished member, the Honorable Senator Brian LeClair.

12:43 PM, October 17, 2006  

Post a Comment