.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Dump Miers

I want to make clear that I am no strong supporter of Miers. While I think that she would turn out to be a rock solid conservative on the bench I also agree that Bush made campaign promises on the type of judges he would appoint and with 55 Senators there should be enough cushion to get one of these judges through. As such I support the notion of dumping Miers and repicking.

Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Hear, hear, S'aurus!

We have pinned all our hopes for the last 5 years on getting a couple of GOOD justices.

The court is currently slightly leftist. We can't afford to slide one inch to the left. We really need to move a couple feet to the right.

Roberts can't be as good as Rehnquist, so we may already be an inch or two to the left of where we were a couple months ago.

The only solution is a rock solid constitutionalist. A known quantity. A Scalia-Thomas-model promise kept.

8:22 AM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger festivus said...

I disagree that Roberts can't be as good as Rehnquist. He can be, and I'm willing to bet that he's as good or better.

6:01 PM, October 06, 2005  

Post a Comment