.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Racism vs. Culturalism

Like Festivus below I don't agree that Arabs are incapable of democracy. But I don't want to pull out the racism card either. It isn't outside the pale to wonder if some cultures are incapable of some things that other cultures are capable of. Arab society is simply screwed up. Not because of their genes (there is no "treat women like slaves" gene that I know of) but because of their culture and that culture's expression of their religion.

Racists believe some groups of humans are simply morally inferior (or less than fully human). I don't believe that. But I do believe that some cultures are inferior and I want to be able to argue this without being called a racist.

Now all of this should not confuse that fact that Biden is an idiot.