.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Monday, April 02, 2007

Paul close 2nd in last week's PJ Poll

PJmedia was hard pressed to keep Ron Paul out of their presidential straw poll following Dr. No's growing percentage in Zogby. Dr Paul trailed Thompson 35% to 29% last week, and was leading the poll this week.

Vote and read more about the poll here.

Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

If Pawlenty signs the Democrats tax increase, then you were right to stay home during the last election. If Pawlenty vetos the tax increase, were you still right to stay home?

4:37 PM, April 02, 2007  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

I didn't stay home, as I've said before; I voted for a better candidate. Even vetoing the tax increase, Pawlenty has done more harm than good for the conservative cause. See McCain, Support of; Socialized Sports; Private Property Takings via Smoking Bans; "Health Impact Fees;" Light Rail and Other Commie Transit, Support of and too many more to list here.

11:13 AM, April 03, 2007  
Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

Maybe, but Pawlenty won the primary. Wasn't the primary the time for you to voice your differences and vote for the other guy. Once Pawlenty had won the primary it was either him or the democrats. At that point are the other fringe candidates really worth voting for.

A giant tax increase would be pretty bad. Something we may not have because of Pawlenty and the people who did not vote for fringe candidates like yourself.

Do you think voting for fringe candidates, even after you have had a chance to vote for your guy in the primary is taking an election seriously?

12:04 PM, April 03, 2007  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

I never was good about following the rules and doing as I was told. I vote the way I do so that I can hold my head up and face the mirror in the morning.

If more people had been true to their beliefs and concerned about facing the mirror, the primary may have had different results. Instead, the many slaves to the GOP choose to live in shame and the shackles of being told what to believe and for whom to vote.

I am slave to no one, and certainly not to a political party. How else could I have so much fun saying "I told you so!"?

Someone should check our JAS Blog archives to see what Sloanasaurus was advocating during the primary. Was he then telling us to vote our conscience? I wouldn't bet on it.

12:28 PM, April 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scribbler, I think you underestimate, and perhaps insult, the 95% of the people who voted for Pawlenty. I don't think even DFL voters can be that universally absent of intellectual capacity.

I am pushing an old rule, in a new bottle, called "half a loaf is better than none," or perhaps "Any Republican is better than a Democrat." If you do not like your candidate, don't vote against them until you're sure you have a better one. We've now seen how well the other approach works.

I was asked by more than one person, prior to the electon, something like, "The Republicans have done so badly, how much worse could the Democrats screw things up?" Even I did not realize the awful extent of the answer.

J. Ewing

2:49 PM, April 03, 2007  

Post a Comment