.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Monday, November 06, 2006

What Year Is It?

Q: What do all these election years have in common? (None of them have been in my kitchen.) No really.


1996

2002

2004

2006

A: All of them I can distinctly remember being told Republicans were going to lose badly, but at the last moment things started to trend Republican. My worry? In 1996 all the good late news was just kidding ourselves. Dole really was about to get shellacked. In 2002 and 2004, things turned out better.

So I'm hoping that the polls are wrong, and there are some good reasons to think that they might be, but they might also be right.

Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

That's lame. You should at least try and make some predictions...

2:06 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Harsh Pencil said...

Ok fine. 1996 worries me, but I still think it's 2002 or 2004.

Senate.

GOP to Dems: PA, RI, VA, OH.

Retentions (stays GOP): TN, MT, MO.

Dems to GOP: MD.

Dems to Dems: MN, NJ and all other Dem held seats.

Net loss of 3 Senate seats.

House:

Net loss of 19 seats. Foley's seat is kept. Delay's is lost. Bachmann wins.

2:15 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

Gee, looks familiar...

Neocon.

2:29 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Harsh Pencil said...

Well Gosh, maybe the reason I originally wrote about my worries rather than give my predictions had a little bit to do with the fact that my predictions were pretty close to yours. Doesn't make for a great post.

2:33 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

Great marxists think alike I guess.

2:45 PM, November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment