.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Friday, November 03, 2006

That's it! I'm staying home on Tuesday.

I've finally had enough. Now that Rev. Ted Haggard has admitted to buying meth and getting a 'massage' (well, we don't yet know what the good Rev.'s definition is, now do we) from a 49-year old gay prostitute with the nice average name of Mike Jones, I just don't know what to do.

  • I could shake my head sadly in shame over the hypocracy of our moral leaders.
  • I could try and find humor in the whole situation, and think about what the late night talk shows are going to say
  • I could try and consider if it's truly hypocritical to preach against certain sins while committing those sins, or if I instead think that one who sins might actually be in a better position to espouse on the wrongness of those actions
  • I could wonder what induces a man in his position to take actions that surely will do nothing but cause him severe anguish when discovered, as they surely would be

However, as interesting as these positions are, I've instead chosen the best path: I intend to stay home on Tuesday rather than voting as I usually do for Republican candidates.

I know, this may seem odd to some of you, but rest assured that I have not arrived at this decision lightly. I know that by not voting, I will help assure victory by candidates that I completely disagree with, and whose election will, I believe, cause great harm to our state and our nation.

I realize that Democratic candidates in control of the Senate will virtually ensure that quality Federal Judicial candidates will not have a prayer of getting confirmed.

I realize that Democrats in control of the House will sentence me to seeing much more of Nancy Pelosi.

I realize that Democrats in control of the House will put a bunch of nuts in charge of powerful committees, which will almost certainly raise my taxes and do other great harm.

I realized that Democrats in control of Congress will add additional pressure to the White House to abandon our war on terror, which up until this time, has prevented another 9/11 attack on our soil.

There are numerous other fears I have, but the logic is the same. None of these things matter one whit in comparision with my burning desire to punish Rev. Haggard for his actions. And nothing will make my point more than simply staying at home on Tuesday. I urge all real conservatives to do the same

So THERE!!!! Take that, Rev. Haggard.

(As an aside, I would like to ask Lt. Gov. candidate Dutcher what her position is on using E85 as a lubricant when one is receiving a massage from a 49 year old gay prostitude. Enquiring minds want to know....)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems you forgot the :-^ (tongue firmly in cheek). Might I suggest a vote for Republicans, and then a personal letter of rebuke to the good Reverend?

The Left in this country has been playing this game for several election cycles now, of sliming religious and conservative leaders (truthfully or otherwise) to suppress religious and coservative turnout. I think it's time we start punishing Democrats at the polls, and our own in some other way, IF and WHEN the charges are proven and weighed.

J. Ewing

8:58 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

It didn't work, Festivus. No amount of shaming, coaxing, bribing or Festivian tactics will get me to pull the lever for Pawlenty. Add Ramstad and John Berns (legislative candidate) to the list I will NOT be voting for, and I'm half-way to staying home.

I will go, however, to dot the circle -- it occurs to me we do not pull levers in Minnesota -- for Johnson, Kiffmeyer and Awada (or whatever her name is this week).

Uncharacteristically, I have all but tuned out to the election this year.

7:53 AM, November 04, 2006  
Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

Scribbler, you should instead vote against Mike Hatch......

11:45 PM, November 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just baffles me why intelligent people would vote against (or not vote for) someone who has not lived up completely to your principles, and thereby allow someone who is openly hostile to those principles to take power!

Some days, you need to take 1/2 a loaf, or 1/4 of a loaf, or even no loaf at all, if it helps keep the thieves out of your granary.

J. Ewing

6:37 PM, November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment