.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Democrats will not look back on this victory fondly

Ok, so the sleep deprevation has been finally overcome by coffee (I woke up early this morning some time, which is rare, and flipped on the TV just in time to catch T-Paw's victory speech live, and couldn't go back to sleep much after that), and I've had time to think about this.

Two things you should read - go ahead, I'll wait. Thing 1 and Thing 2.

I think that this will be the wake up call that has been so badly needed by the Republicans. There will be a lot of soul searching, some needed leadership change, but when all is said and done, I think that the Democrats will not see this election as the sweeping mandate for change that they undoubtedly think it is. Now that the electorate has gotten this temper tantrum out of their system, I suspect they will come to their senses in 2008 return the power to where it belongs - a conservative Republican party.

I'm not just rationalizing when I say that I think we should consider this a victory for Conservatives and hopefully a final nail in the coffin of "compassionate conservativism", whatever that silly philosophy is.