.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Chaos Predictions in Iraq Revisited

I dispute the accuracy of the following post:

Chaos in Iraq
A JAS member stated to me last night that he was right about Iraq because he had predicted chaos prior to the invasion.I told him I predicted that there would be action in the next football game.It's easy to predict chaos for any war. He obviously has a cynical view. I asked him if there was chaos in the other 14 provinces in Iraq that we never hear about and where 50% of the population lives. He said he didn't know.

I recall that that certain JAS member on the floor stated after the invasion that he had predicted "chaos" prior to the invasion. There is no evidence that prior to the invasion that he predicted "chaos." In my opinion, it is important before someone is given "oracle" status that somehow the prediction is recorded prior to the event that is being predicted occurs.

Your thoughts?

Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

He needs at least one witness not related to him. I certainly heard nothing of the kind.

6:30 PM, March 18, 2006  

Post a Comment