.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Flag Etiquette


Shouldn't the American flag always be elevated above any other flag? Does this hold true on foreign soil as well, such as Afganistan in this picture?

Blogger festivus said...

I seem to recall from my Boy Scout days that the US Flag takes precidence when with other non-country flags, but is treated equally when displayed with flags of other countries. To verify my memory, I found this

When flown with the national banner of other countries, each flag must be displayed from a separate pole of the same height. Each flag should be the same size. They should be raised and lowered simultaneously. The flag of one nation may not be displayed above that of another nation.

I can't tell from this picture what other flags are displayed, so perhaps it's correct and perhaps not [Another of the many reasons I just love our flag - easy to tell it from a distance]

9:41 PM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Thanks, Festivus. My knee seems to be jerking a lot these days. I feel better now.

(But are those OUR soldiers holding other coutries' flags? Surely not.)

7:36 AM, March 14, 2006  

Post a Comment