.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Friday, October 07, 2005

STOP BEING SO EMOTIONAL!


I love the fact that the pro-Miers commentators are constantly calling the anti-Miers conservatives "emotional". In fact, on the radio yesterday, Michael Medved was yelling and, from his voice, practically crying that THE ANTI-MIERS PEOPLE HAD TO STOP BEING SO EMOTIONAL. He then gave wonderful argument: Miers is a great pick, but if we piss her off, she will vote against us in the future! You know, that great strict constructionist will change her votes depending on who she’s angry at.

Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

If its not "emotional" how would you describe it... "intellectually pissed off?"

No excuses should be made for Medved, however, it reeks of appeasement (ala Ted Kennedy.... if we make the terrorists more mad, they will attack us...)

Even though I think Miers is generally a bad pick considering the circumstances, I still find the idea of a non-judge Texas litagator SMU graduate on the Court refreshing. Wouldn't it be great to have 5 page opinions or clear and concise rulings for once.

8:37 PM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Harsh Pencil said...

"rationally pissed off". I think that fits pretty well.

And S'saurus. Dont' be so sure we'll get short opinions out of Miers. Either Franklin or Twain (everyone says it was someone else) wrote "I'm sorry this letter is so long. I didn't have time to write a short one." That could be altered to "I didn't have the talent to write a short one."

I hope we never find out.

9:23 PM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Betrayed. Does betrayal piss one off? You betcha.

We were promised, damn it.

I'd like a bit of cheese with my whine, thank you.

9:53 PM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger festivus said...

Actually, we were promised another Scalia or a Thomas. Now, we don't KNOW that we aren't getting that with Ms. Miers, but there's certainly not anything that leads me to believe that promise has been kept.

10:20 PM, October 07, 2005  

Post a Comment