.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Monday, June 20, 2005

'Just Add Water' autopsy

I'm not a doctor, don't play one on TV, and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I won't try to second guess the doctor who performed the Schaivo autopsy. Yet I did have one question regarding a quote from this article:

"The brain weighed 615 grams, roughly half of the expected weight of a human brain," he said.

By 'expected weight of a human brain', I wonder if the doctor meant 'normal, fully hydrated brain', or if there is a readily available chart of expected brain weights for 41-year old women who have been denied food and water for 13 days. Seems to me that good scientific analysis should dictate use of the latter, or at least take in account the effect of those 13 days.