.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Friday, June 01, 2007

Fed Up


Peggy Noonan's given up on Bush here.

It reminds me of the first episode of season 4 of The Simpsons (so we're talking, what, 14 years ago?).

Bart:
I've been scorched by Krusty before.  I got a rapid heartbeat
from his Krusty brand vitamins, my Krusty Kalculator didn't
have a seven or an eight, and Krusty's autobiography was
self-serving with many glaring omissions. But this time, he's
gone too far!
I was willing to put up with No Child Left Behind, ridiculous levels of government spending with no vetoes and a host of other things because Bush got the basic thing on the security issues right (like going after our enemies rather than waiting for them to come to us) and was better than any Democratic alternative. But even I am seeing last straws.

  1. Literally changing the makeup of the country so that we most likely never be able to have conservative government ever again.
  2. Not going after Iran and Syria when they are killing our soldiers but actually negotiating with them.
  3. Generally dissing the conservatives who put him there.
I've had it.

Blogger festivus said...

I've been slowly reaching that point myself, Pencil. I was very active in the Bush/Cheney 04 campaign, and believe George W. Bush to be a fine man. My opinion of his presidency, however, has been waning.

What I do not understand is how a man who does so well on some things (tax cuts, GWOT) seems to allow his adminstration to fall apart like this. In my opinion, it was all downhill after the Harriet Miers fiasco. It's unexplainable.

Still, there's one thing I have to give him credit for. We haven't had an attack on our soil since 9/11, and that's something serious to consider.

4:50 PM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

I tend to agree with you. The latest comments from Bush on Global warming is also troubling.

You could argue that many conservatives have abandoned Bush as well. Bush needed them to stick with him in riding out the Iraq war, but many have given up on that.

Regarding immigration and Pencil's comment that the consetvative movement is dead.... If amnesty can't be stopped then we need to find a way to appeal to immigrants. We have a leg up in that immigrants tend to be a little more intelligent and self reliant than other groups. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but we can't give up.

8:51 AM, June 04, 2007  

Post a Comment