.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Gallup Poll and Ron Paul

Ron Paul scored 0.0 in the latest Gallup poll. I guess that means the paullites do not answer their phones.

Blogger festivus said...

I think I know why. The people think the pollster is saying RuPaul, and this strange man would be a sorry President indeed.

7:49 AM, May 22, 2007  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Ah, laugh while it's still funny. Below I asked you to look at the polls taken a week or two after the last debate. The poll you cite was taken May 10-13. Paul raised 1.5 million in the 4 or 5 days following the debate -- this from his campaign. So tell me what the polls say in another week, 'cause I don't read them. (And at that point, the 'unlikely voter' factor must be taken into consideration. See my comment on Ventura's election below.)

3:44 PM, May 22, 2007  
Blogger Harsh Pencil said...

I agree with Scribbler. In fact, I believe ten times as many people will choose Ron Paul in the next Gallup poll as in this one.

3:45 PM, May 22, 2007  
Blogger festivus said...

Upon reading Harsh Pencil's comment, I thought "hmmm, 0.0 percent is probably rounded down, so 10x a small number, while still being a small number, is significant. Maybe Scrib has actually convinced another person to come on over to the dark side."

Then, I checked out the poll. It wasn't 0.0% rounded down - that would have scored him a big asterisk ( * ) like Duncan Hunter, Jim Golmore and Chuck Hagel. It was actually 0.0, meaning NO ONE in the poll supported Mr. Paul. Suddenly, the irony and intent of Pencil's math made so much more sense.

So for a belated laugh, Mr. Pencil, I thank you.

4:30 PM, May 22, 2007  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

:-p How about 10X the Zogby NH poll? Heck, I'll go for 5X or even 3X on that. And that poll was still taken before the debate. Tell me when Zogby's NH post-debate numbers come in. I'm too busy campaigning and contributing to check myself.

4:34 PM, May 22, 2007  

Post a Comment