.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Roll Call

Surely JAS Members did not shirk their civic duty today, and all were at the tax rally among the other 5,000 - 7,000 good souls, right?

But I got around, as I was campaigning for Ron Paul -- handed out 900 pieces of lit and saw about half of those in attendance face to face -- and only ran into King Oliver, Festivus, and a newer member who has yet to establish his nom de plume. But I didn't get up onto the capitol steps where a quarter of the attendees were nestled. That must be where you all were.

So, to save face, go ahead and give us a "I was there," and we will rest the matter. Else, your protestations last Wednesday night that "Taxation is Coerced Charity" must be brushed off as so much rhetoric.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I arrived at 12:05, wasn't feeling very well, saw there was a good crowd with lots of cheering going on, decided they didn't need me and I left.

9:16 PM, April 14, 2007  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Good enough, A.M. You showed.

On the other hand, the crowd on the capitol steps spilling down across the drive into the mall may have been a mirage. After a fairly close inspection of the Strib and Pioneer Press sites, yesterday was your average crime-riden day in the Twin Cities, no torches, no pitchforks, no angry taxpayers.

I won't purchase a paper edition, so there's a chance I'm wrong, but the rest of you who did not show have no need to feel quilty as you blissfully read of the world humming along, trains running on time, over your coffee.

10:15 AM, April 15, 2007  

Post a Comment