.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Friday, January 12, 2007

I had a dream...

....this morning that I was standing in a line to get food shivering in the cold air. Everywere around me it looked like Orwell's 1984 - people milling about in grey clothes with sunken faces. I saw a sudden sparkle; a glint on a faded purple hat worn by the woman in front of me. It didn't take long to realize that the sparkle was my own creation; a longing for yesteryear. Behind me the collapse of a man dead brought no commotion from the crowd used to such events. It was odd because the man appeared to be healthy at least healthy relative to the times. Perhaps he collapased under the weight of his own unhappiness. The dead man along with everyone else looked the same except for the gigantic face smiling on the poster above me. The caption below the face read "Equality and Justice in Obama's America." And so we waited....

Feel free to share your stories of Obama's America....

Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

I had a similar dream last night. Eerie. But we were all standing in line waiting for health care which had been centralized into the taxpayer-funded stadium. One guy was holding a gangrene foot that had fallen off, and another guy collapsed of a heart attack. And in my dream the poster read, "Welcome to NeoCon America. If you can't beat em, join em." (I think the picture was of Trotsky :-) But the great news is, no one was smoking!

8:58 AM, January 12, 2007  
Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

Tsk.. tsk, no fun.

My dream was a direct result of the civil war you are still waging in your dream. We must have been to divided to take on Obama in the end.

9:15 AM, January 12, 2007  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Obama is dead. But you're right: I'm no fun. That gangrene image was a bit grotesque.

5:50 PM, January 13, 2007  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

I imagine you've been scratching your head over that last comment. I tend to get impatient and read too fast, sometimes missing a key element. Don't laugh, but I thought you were talking about Osama. I realized my mistake soon after and am just getting around to this explanation. Okay, now you can laugh at me.

11:48 AM, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment