.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Friday, August 11, 2006

Reporters are so damn lazy.

I was reading in the Edmonton Sun about Linda Rondstadt. This caused me to write the reporter and the letters to the editor the following missive.

Don't you people have Google?

Regarding your Linda Ronstadt interview she claims

"George Bush is intellectually incurious, which is a nice way of saying it. He is not well educated, not well travelled. He'd never even been outside of the country. Can you imagine? His father was president, vice-president and head of the CIA, and it had never occurred to him to travel outside of the United States."

Doesn't your reporter, Mike Ross, owe it to his readers to spend five minutes on Google to see if this is true? It isn't. Before he was President, Bush travelled to Mexico, China, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. (See here). Is laziness just fine as long as it makes George Bush look bad?

Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

Its the same old formula. Bush is dumb and Bush manipulates us.

8:25 AM, August 11, 2006  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Gee, I'd like to be not very well educated at Harvard and Yale. But the real question is, why were you reading about Linda Ronstadt?

8:25 AM, August 11, 2006  
Blogger Harsh Pencil said...

I suppose my reasons for reading about Rondstadt just blew by you .

11:01 AM, August 12, 2006  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

I am so culturally illiterate that your pun itself blew right by me, Pencil. I had to google it. The only song I know by Rondstadt is something about "we're underneath the same stars."

9:49 AM, August 13, 2006  

Post a Comment