.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Monday, July 31, 2006

Key Republican

I saw this headline on CNN tonight

"Key Republican breaks with Bush on Mideast"

I thought to myself. Who could this be... this key republican? Could it be Speaker Hastert? Perhaps John Boehner. Maybe Bill Frist? Perhaps a powerful chairman such as John Warner or Duncan Hunter. The suspense was clawing at me, so I clicked on the link.

Astonishing....CNN knows how to make news.

Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

What is interesting here is that GWB is now playing the libertarian, Mr. Switzerland, President of It's-Not-Our-Business. The break in the party, however insignificant, is toward intervention. I'm with the President on this one, nuances aside. (Interpret: I haven't had the time to investigate the White House position beyond casual perusal. Why would we possibly get in the middle of this infinite, age-old battle reminiscent of a nightmarish, prolonged divorce complete with starts,stalls, and looming negotiations that never materialize?)

10:38 PM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Harsh Pencil said...

It was some guy named Bob who lives in Key West, Florida.

10:39 PM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Bob, Chuck, whomever. After how many "Cease-Fires" can any promised truce be credible, not that anyone's talking about a truce. We have enough to worry about. I do. Allocate it to the "Na-Gonna-Do-It" part of the State Department brain. I have to say, I've written off the entire skirmish/WWIII as of no more importance than how it affects my shrinking portfolio. The fact that the UN has weighed in merely reinforces my myopic, isolationist view.

11:04 PM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

Chuck Hagel has pretty much opposed all of GWB's foreign policy in the middle east. I am not sure why CNN thought it was news to see him opposing Bush on the latest one.

11:46 PM, July 31, 2006  

Post a Comment