.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Monday, July 31, 2006

24, Finally

I know I am late; very late indeed, but I recently started watching 24. I started with Day 1 (season 1), and I am about 2/3s the way through Day 2. Day 1 was fantastic, especially the first few episodes. It really sucks you in. The whole NM thing was a complete shocker. Day 2 started out slower, but has picked up and is near or as good as Day 1 (except for the daughter bit, which is a bad time filler).

The best way to describe 24, is a soap opera on steriods.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend you see it now. Further, start with Day 1. It makes everything more interesting.

Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

I enjoyed the first two seasons of 24 a couple years ago when I went through a DVD viewing phase. But I purchased the 3rd season a year ago and it remains shrink-wrapped. Every couple of years I'll experience tolerance for something on tv. Otherwise, I have a hard time turning it on. The exception is that once a year I watch The Sopranos as each season makes it to DVD.

Thankfully, there are DVDs for us, the occasional, selective consumers of television programming. But there are people who will watch whatever crap is on at the moment. Revolting.

11:36 AM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

Shrink wrapped. How ghastly. YOu should break it out tonight and start watching.

4:41 PM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Harsh Pencil said...

I made it 1/3 of the way through the first day.

9:07 AM, August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment