.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

If we had only known....

In reading this story, I ran across the following quote from the Senate Minority Leader Reid:

"If the administration had all the information that they have now back then, they wouldn't even have brought it to the Congress for a vote," Reid said of the Senate's 2002 consent to launch a war against Iraq.

Based on this new standard of prescient thinking, I decided to do some research. Here are some more quotes from Senator Reid.

If we had only known that the O-Rings wouldn't perform well in cold weather, we wouldn't have flown that Challenger mission on that day.

If I had known that Global Crossing was cooking the books, I would have sold earlier. [one that I can relate to - Ed.]


If President Clinton had known that Monica would keep that blue dress, I'm sure he would have been a bit more careful.

If President George H. W. Bush had known that David Soutter was a leftist anti-originalist, he wouldn't have even brought his name up for consideration for the Supreme Court.

If Lincoln had known that he was going to be shot in the head, he wouldn't have gone to the theater that evening.


When I start worrying about Republican chances in 2006, I know I can always get out of that mood by thinking of Mr. Reid and his absurb comment. With leadership like this from the Democrats, I've got to think that we're in good shape no matter what we do.

Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

I found this one by Harry Reid in an alternative reality:

If we had only known back then that Saddam would use his oil money to build nukes rather than help his people after the sanctions ended, we would have taken him out when we had the chance....

12:46 AM, November 03, 2005  

Post a Comment