.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Media on Trial.

An interesting twist on a potential jury trial with Scooter Libby would be the questioning of various media types such as Tim Russert. If I were a defense lawyer, I would do my very best to try and make Russert look like a partisan Democrat (which he may be), so his testimony would seem suspect. I would spend lots of time digging up examples of partisanship and question Russert on all of these examples. My goal would be to show that Russert is normally biased to the left and should never be considered "neutral." This kind of questioning would be bad news for any MSM type, and would further be unprecedented because the testimony would be under oath (Russert would have to answer all these questions!)

Too bad Libby didn't call Dan Rather.