.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Friday, May 04, 2007

Romney!

Romney did a great job last night. Why should we not support Romney?

Blogger festivus said...

Only because I'm still not sure exactly what he believes. May learn that over time.

10:22 AM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Like I said below, if you don't agree with him now, he'll probably agree with you next week, then with someone else next month. To say he is ideologically promiscuous wouldn't be nice, so I'll just say he's very flexible. (His government-mandated insurance program sure scares me. Has he changed his mind on that one yet?)

10:48 AM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

I can't believe that you refrained from commenting on the handkerchief post......

10:58 AM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Sloanasaurus said...

Scribbler, haven't you stated in the past that you will probably not vote for the potential nominee anyways unless it is Ron Paul. Just as you refused to vote for Pawlenty... {even though he just vetoed the Bonding bil).

11:44 AM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Right, but some numbskulls out there think Romney is a decent candidate. That's my purpose for hanging around here, to point out the obvious.

Now, do you have another candidate you wish me to tear apart? (I notice no one is talking about Giuliani after last night. So you guys aren't completely hopeless.)

12:31 PM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger festivus said...

I believe people can change their mind on abortion - I don't like it when it's 'convenient' to change, but I do believe they can change, and it's almost always in the pro-life direction.

I do believe that Romney and I have very different concepts of the role of goverment, especially given his health care initiative. The correct answer is that government should be completely out of the health care business (companies too, but that's a different issue). He clearly disagrees.

12:49 PM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger The Strongman said...

It seems that Scribbler is looking for an opportunity to tear apart Giuliani, so I thought I'd offer one. I believe he'll be the next President. Getting the nomination may be a tougher task for him than beating either Clinton or Obama, however I think given Democrat control of Congress, Republicans are as likely as ever to support the candidate perceived as having the best chance of winning in November '08 and right now, that is Giuliani. He has said he personally hates abortion and would appoint judges similar to Roberts and Scalia. Why shouldn't we support Giuliani?

11:42 AM, May 07, 2007  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Lordy, where do I start? How about immigration? He sees no problem with its current status. Even in Minnesota, this far removed from the border-at-fault, we see the problem. I would guess he'd favor the North American Union, but haven't googled his position there yet.

Besides abortion, there are serious disagreements with the party platform -- my opinion aside -- on the Second Amendment, abortion, gay marriage/civil unions and open acceptance in the military.

Shall we even get into which number wife he's on, whether this one is a cousin, and what size bra he wears?

But of more concern to me is his view of the Fourth Amendment and related civil liberties, and how he laughed when Ron Paul, in last week's debate, stated he would never abuse habeas corpus.

3:51 PM, May 07, 2007  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

If you think he's just so-so on abortion, bear in mind that he donated repeatedly to Planned Parenthood in the 90's, at least six times, maybe more.

8:18 AM, May 08, 2007  

Post a Comment