.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Friday, April 14, 2006

Great Debate

I don't have much to say about the debate caucus on Wednesday night, other than I thoroughly enjoyed it and was glad to see so many new faces and returning old faces.

Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

You should post the Ode to the SSC.

7:12 AM, April 15, 2006  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Not sure how to top reading the minutes in rhyme,
I think I'll do this debate's version in mime.

6:49 PM, April 16, 2006  
Blogger festivus said...

Or ASCII. Or Braille. Or Haiku.

8:43 PM, April 16, 2006  
Blogger Harsh Pencil said...

Resolved: It's my life.
I will die if I want to.
Motion read. It failed.

8:52 PM, April 16, 2006  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

Well, if this doesn't prove who is the bigger geek of the blog. I was NOT thinking Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME). No. I was talking of those annoying goofballs wearing black and white, unable to speak intellibibly, or at all for that matter. Not that I wouldn't like to be the bigger geek, but Festivus clearly has me beat.

(But, how about hexadecimal, or minutes via X-Modem?)

As to Pencil's comment, I vote to give him back the Secretary's seat. Now, if only his speeches were that short.

8:59 PM, April 16, 2006  
Blogger Scribbler de Stebbing said...

My apologies, Pencil. Brilliant Haiku. I just never really "got" Haiku. I've learned about it. I know what it is. But it's a shortcoming of mine that I just don't appreciate it. But as Haiku goes, that's excellent Haiku. (Bless you.)

9:27 PM, April 16, 2006  
Blogger festivus said...

Guilty as charged.

4:11 PM, April 17, 2006  

Post a Comment