.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

John Adams Blog

The blog of The Antient and Honourable John Adams Society, Minnesota's Conservative Debating Society www.johnadamssociety.org

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Best argument against Legalizing Prostitution I've seen

This is an amazing article. In Germany, prostitution is now legal (a position I used to be in favor of in my libertarian days). In many countries, if you are receiving unemployment compensation, you are not allowed to turn down jobs you are qualified for without losing your benefits. Further, brothels in Germany are now going through the official government channels to find new "workers." Thus, an unemployed waitress who turns down the opportunity of joining the glamorous and profitable oldest profession risks losing her unemployment benefits.

Has Europe lost all sense?

Blogger festivus said...

Inquiring minds want to know if your 'libertarian' days happen to have a significant overlap with your 'dateless' days.

10:53 PM, January 31, 2005  
Blogger Harsh Pencil said...

Dateless? Moi? (World's shortest joke: Pretentious? Moi?)

I assure all inquiring minds, my support of legalization of that particular service was purely on principal, not on practical grounds. I'm not sure I can say that for all products I wished legalized, but of this I will speak no more.

1:55 PM, February 01, 2005  

Post a Comment